Experiencing bullying can be a blow to a child’s self-esteem and can affect their learning and future life.
We are committed to ensuring that schools are safe environments for our children.
Combat bullying policy
The ‘Combating Bullying: A Redbridge Framework for Organisations Working with Children and Young People (PDF 82KB)‘ was relaunched in November 2007.
Each school is also expected to develop its own policy which can stand alone or form part of a Behaviour/Discipline Policy.
Things you can do:
- Find out how you can support the school in its policy
- If you are not sure of your school’s policy please ask to see it
- Find out how you can support your child in the process.
- ChildLine – Telephone: 0800 1111
Free and confidential telephone helpline for children and young people.
- Kidscape – Telephone: 020 7730 3300
Information for parents, professionals and children and young people.
- Bullying online – Information for children and young people on tackling bullying.
- Samaritans Redbridge – Samaritans is a confidential emotional support service available 24 hours a day.
- Redbridge Families Information Direct (FiND) – information on bullying.