Did you know that there is a special support service available in Redbridge to help you if you have additional needs – such as a disability or special educational need? The service is called Redbridge Information, Advice and Support Service or RIASS for short.
It offers free and independent information, advice and support to children, young people and their parents or carers living in Redbridge. Topics that RIASS offer support with include:
– Support in resolving disagreements, mediation and tribunals
– How to access Independent Supporters
– Local policy and practice including personal budgets, transition to adulthood, the law on SEN and Disability, information on health and social care
– Information about existing Special Educational Needs (SEN) statements and the review process
– Support with appeals around Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans
If you think you could do with some information, advice and support on any of the above issues, ask your parent or carer to contact RIASS or look at the information available on our separate webpage for them.
RIASS can be contacted via RIAS@redbridge.gov.uk, or on 020 8708 8922. The Service has an office at the Redbridge Drama Centre, Churchfields, South Woodford, LONDON, E18 2RB which is open 09:00 to 17:00 weekdays.