News: 22 March 2018
Redbridge LSCB Multi-Agency Thresholds
The multi-agency thresholds document, ‘Are you worried about a child? How to access early help, and thresholds for referral to children’s social care’, has been revised as at March 2018. The changes are minimal and do not affect the overall criteria for each level of need. The main amendments are summarised below:
- References updated to refer to the latest version of the London Child Protection Procedures, 2017;
- Links included to the LSCB Neglect Toolkit and Guidance and the Brook Sexual Behaviours Traffic Light Tool;
- Updating of information relating to mental health and the contact details for the Redbridge Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) plus inclusion of links to the referral criteria and form; and
- Inclusion of examples at Level 3 and 4 of harmful sexual behaviours.
Please find below the links to the main document and the quick A4 guide:
- Redbridge LSCB ‘Are you worried about a child? How to access early help, and thresholds for referral to children’s social care’, March 2018
- Redbridge LSCB – Quick A4 reference guide to Thresholds, March 2018
We shall be publicising the revised document over the next two weeks via social media and across a number of different newsletters in Redbridge.
LSCB Training Programme 2018 – 2019
Exciting news! Our new Programme is due to be published next Tuesday, 27 March 2018. Please check back to find out more about the variety of multi-agency learning and development opportunities on offer, including Understanding Peer-on-Peer Abuse, Harmful Sexual Behaviours, Understanding Loss, Grief, Bereavement and the Effects on Children and Families, Modern Slavery, Child Sexual Exploitation and Safeguarding Children and Families from the Practice of FGM.
NSPCC ‘Open Day’ – Childline
The NSPCC are extending an invitation to a free Childline ‘Open Day’ taking place at their London offices on 11 May from 10:00 to 13:00. The event, which will include workshops, is aimed at professionals who want to know more about Childline and the support it provides to children and young people. For more information contact childlinelondon@NSPCC.org.uk. To book a place click here.